Best Solid Latex Stain For a Deck
I have a deck with solid latex stain on top of it, it needs to be freshened up. I really would like to know what is the best solid latex stain for a deck.
The PT wood is in good shape, the current stain is in fair condition. The deck is well exposed to the sun and we do get snow in the winter (PA). I have a few questions:
1) This is my most important question. I would like to have a deck builder professional opinion about the best solid latex stain out there. Price is not an issue, I just want the best. Please provide a couple brands and models that has proven to be really good in your experience.
2) Some contractors do not recommend to stain the under side? What are your thoughts?
3) Is it better to have the stain sprayed or brushed?
4) Some contractors say 1 coat is enough for solid latex, others say two is best.
5) Is it recommended to prime first or does it depend on the stain used?
6) Is it OK to power wash the deck first?